Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coach Anderson

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354367

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13638
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Coaster, Patrick C ripdumaine, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354374

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1063
I like the hire and think CMA may not necessarily have us playing at a top 3 Big East level, but more reasonably in the top 5 right at the cut of making tourneys hopefully on a consistent basis. That's my gut feeling but who knows? One thing that annoys me is that most articles discussing the CMA hire seem to say it's "odd" or "weird". What they mean to say is, "since he's not from the NYC area, he can't really succeed"...that's the implied message. I don't think it matters at all where a coach is from. He got his NYC area connections, so who cares? That checks the box. I think he will develop players pretty well, but the key will be recruiting. The question is, can he consistently bring in high 3 star and several 4 star guys? Another question more specifically is, can he get legitimate big men here? You all know how I feel about that. Never ceases to confuse me. I think we needed a more under the radar, all business no fluff type hire. TBH the more I looked at Hurley's resume, the less impressed I was. Let him enjoy the 120 degree Arizona heat with zero media or hype.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354376

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1389

Mike Zaun wrote: I like the hire and think CMA may not necessarily have us playing at a top 3 Big East level, but more reasonably in the top 5 right at the cut of making tourneys hopefully on a consistent basis. That's my gut feeling but who knows? One thing that annoys me is that most articles discussing the CMA hire seem to say it's "odd" or "weird". What they mean to say is, "since he's not from the NYC area, he can't really succeed"...that's the implied message. I don't think it matters at all where a coach is from. He got his NYC area connections, so who cares? That checks the box. I think he will develop players pretty well, but the key will be recruiting. The question is, can he consistently bring in high 3 star and several 4 star guys? Another question more specifically is, can he get legitimate big men here? You all know how I feel about that. Never ceases to confuse me. I think we needed a more under the radar, all business no fluff type hire. TBH the more I looked at Hurley's resume, the less impressed I was. Let him enjoy the 120 degree Arizona heat with zero media or hype.

Hurley has a pedigree in his name but neither he nor his brother have done anything yet as coaches. Mike Anderson is more meat and potatoes with an excellent resume’. I think we made a great hire. It will take Mike a few years to land a roster that he can really do damage with, but I don’t think he has the same flaws as some of our past hires. We have a strong staff and a coach who has had success at multiple spots. Recruiting will certainly determine our ceiling over coming years. Now time to sit back and let em work and see what they can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, RedStormRising, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354377

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 433
The BE has always had Nationally Ranked teams with often 4,5 or 6 NCAA bids , depending on the Year . For the most part , the League’s Teams do well without getting very many , if at all , Top 100 Players . Villanova being the exception while winning 2 Recent NCAA championship . With their last one resulting in 4 players in the NBA . But , even the Cats strike out with the top 100 kid, i.e. Quinerly . This Year only 1 BE Player was drafted , Paschall in the second round . No Ponds, no Phil Booth , and I am uncertain if Govan got drafted ? Point being most of the 1 and Dones , and the rest of the top 100 players go to the large State Universities., that play Football and generates big revenue . While UConn failed at football , it is a Financially rich State school that can throw unlimited resources at their BB program . And , they will do so . And., again challenge for BE Titles nearly every Year . It’s a shame the money was too much for the BE to walk from ... So , get ready for their arrogant and nasty Fans , their admitting great players but , students who wouldn’t qualify for BE admittance academically and all that goes with it . Like what they did during the Calhoun years . The current group of BE schools have , for the most part , good Coaches who build good Teams but , rarely great ones . It the way it is . Unless , a another Nova emerges .Coach Anderson will fit nicely into that Group with Cooley, Willard, Wojo, Ewing , etc

Last edit: by SLYFOXX1968.

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354383

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1592

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: For the most part , the League’s Teams do well without getting very many , if at all , Top 100 Players .

The Big East get their share of top 100 players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354386

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2623

MJDinkins wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote: For the most part , the League’s Teams do well without getting very many , if at all , Top 100 Players .

You read that?

God bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, RedStormRising

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354388

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13638
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Tonyinfairfield , gonzalo, RedStormRising, richard A Steinfeld, NCJohnnie, Tommy O 54

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354390

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1592

Moose wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

You read that?

God bless

Ha! Actually, only the first couple lines or so.

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354395

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 433

MJDinkins wrote:

. Really, can you name them by Team ? Signed for this year and next , who have committed . Go through the Top 100 Recruiting sites and count how many are involved with BE schools .

Coach Anderson 1 month 1 week ago #354403

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 910
For me, I don't expect our program to ever get 4 star players with some rare exceptions every few years. With the cesspool that basketball recruiting has become, and with everything we've seen play out in the headlines, for me I know that us running a clean program will make it hard to get most top kids.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter