Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Big East Media Day

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359694

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2666
Here's hoping we surprise--even if it's a 'mild' one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359695

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 14962
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359697

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1624
I don’t mind being the underdog and I’m pretty sure Iron Mike doesn’t either. If we get Dunn and Steere cleared, we might be better than people think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick C ripdumaine

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359699

• Chicago Days
  • Away

MCNPA wrote: I don’t mind being the underdog and I’m pretty sure Iron Mike doesn’t either. If we get Dunn and Steere cleared, we might be better than people think.

I hope I'm wrong but given the NCAA's decision on Micah Potter, as per Paultz, it seems the prospects of a waiver for Steere are not good. Again, hope I'm wrong on this.

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359705

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1429

Chicago Days wrote:

MCNPA wrote: I don’t mind being the underdog and I’m pretty sure Iron Mike doesn’t either. If we get Dunn and Steere cleared, we might be better than people think.

I hope I'm wrong but given the NCAA's decision on Micah Potter, as per Paultz, it seems the prospects of a waiver for Steere are not good. Again, hope I'm wrong on this.

Different circumstances, no?

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359706

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3621
Chicago Days wrote: I hope I'm wrong but given the NCAA's decision on Micah Potter, as per Paultz, it seems the prospects of a waiver for Steere are not good. Again, hope I'm wrong on this.

Agree CD unless there's something we're unaware of that distinguishes the two. Porter announced his transfer to Wisconsin after the fall 2018 semester started but before the season started and didn't play in any games for Ohio State last season. Assume the December 2nd eligibility date for Porter is based on their first semester ending earlier than SJUs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359707

• Chicago Days
  • Away

NCJohnnie wrote: Chicago Days wrote: I hope I'm wrong but given the NCAA's decision on Micah Potter, as per Paultz, it seems the prospects of a waiver for Steere are not good. Again, hope I'm wrong on this.

Agree CD unless there's something we're unaware of that distinguishes the two. Porter announced his transfer to Wisconsin after the fall 2018 semester started but before the season started and didn't play in any games for Ohio State last season. Assume the December 2nd eligibility date for Porter is based on their first semester ending earlier than SJUs.

Yes, NCJ; my take as well. Hope we're wrong!

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359709

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 930

NCJohnnie wrote: Chicago Days wrote: I hope I'm wrong but given the NCAA's decision on Micah Potter, as per Paultz, it seems the prospects of a waiver for Steere are not good. Again, hope I'm wrong on this.

Slightly different because he never played but also stayed in conference which who knows could have played some role. Also, porter didn’t lose a year of eligibility. If steere gets same decision then he will have 3.5 years starting in December. Think we have to hope for that and be happy if it’s the case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, NCJohnnie

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359710

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1624
Like I’ve said before, only other angle I can think of which makes it different was that the prior staff was guilty of violations and NCSU sanctioned. Maybe enough to claim a hardship but we don’t know what angle Steere is using.

Big East Media Day 1 month 3 days ago #359711

• Chicago Days
  • Away

MarkRedman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Different circumstances, no?

Not sure if Steere has any 'extenuating circumstances', but otherwise seems to be similar cases and Potter did not play at all last season. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight