Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coach Anderson

Coach Anderson 4 days 5 hours ago #377141

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16917
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, redken, panther2, bamafan, terrificboss, romiSJU, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Sju grad 13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coach Anderson 4 days 3 hours ago #377149

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2534
I get the sense that CMA is a strong role model for the players off the court. His open respect and admiration for his wife, along with the family first attitude is front and center. I like that in a college coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, OLV72, fuchsia, RedStormRising, ctstorm, Porgyman, panther2, bamafan, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant and 2 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Coach Anderson 4 days 2 hours ago #377157

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 204
This week's Red Storm Report has a feature on Mrs. A. She is "miked up" and you can hear that she is very into the game, knows her stuff and gets along well with the team. I can't remember any other coaches' wives being this involved and concerned for our team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Las Vegan, Jnaw17, JohnnyFan, Knight, johnny redman

Coach Anderson 3 days 22 hours ago #377163

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 963

JohnnyFan wrote: I get the sense that CMA is a strong role model for the players off the court. His open respect and admiration for his wife, along with the family first attitude is front and center. I like that in a college coach.

I first ask myself what am I doing up at 4 am and checking Redmen.com lol
Back to the JF point...
recruits who are used to being with family or some recruits who Have no
Living family and long to be part of one could well gravitate to this very family atmosphere that CMA is slowly building.
I’m pleased with those values and this direction.
Fruit will be borne imo.
Thanks Johnny Fan :)
All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: In the adks, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Coach Anderson 3 days 16 hours ago #377169

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16917
I know a SJ faculty member who shared with me the essence of “zero tolerance” class absence policy MA has instituted for players. It is air tight with weekly communication to academic monitors with direct information flow to CMA & staff. I suspect this approach is much more regimented and consistent than previously.

CMA gets that end of his responsibilities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, Room112, MCNPA, fuchsia, RedStormRising, ctstorm, Las Vegan, panther2, bamafan and 5 other people also said thanks.

Coach Anderson 3 days 13 hours ago #377190

• johnny redman
  • Thank you received: 79
I sat next to Coach Anderson's wife in Chicago at DePaul game....she is really a big bball fan and a wonderful person....we really scored with Coach Anderson....I think he has a lot of humility and is a great example for players and students....Go St Johns
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, JohnnyFan, BrooklynRed

Coach Anderson 3 days 13 hours ago #377191

• johnny redman
  • Thank you received: 79
To that end Paultz coach Anderson is doing his part creating an environment that is admirable...I think a big part of a player's development has to do with the player himself...Practice and good work habits are part of the Coach Anderson story...case in point - Earlington...
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Coach Anderson 3 days 11 hours ago #377198

• James Ray Lamb
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 81
Mike's director of player development, Will Bartlett has worked for him since Missouri.

Players attend class and stay out of trouble or they face the consequences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Coach Anderson 3 days 10 hours ago #377203

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1779

johnny redman wrote: To that end Paultz coach Anderson is doing his part creating an environment that is admirable...I think a big part of a player's development has to do with the player himself...Practice and good work habits are part of the Coach Anderson story...case in point - Earlington...

In fairness, Earlington’s work ethic was “legendary” when he was in HS, except there it was focused on football. He has applied that same commitment to basketball in college. But, I am sure the atmosphere MA has created has done nothing but help Marcellus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, Paultzman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Coach Anderson 3 days 10 hours ago #377206

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 963

johnny redman wrote: To that end Paultz coach Anderson is doing his part creating an environment that is admirable...I think a big part of a player's development has to do with the player himself...Practice and good work habits are part of the Coach Anderson story...case in point - Earlington...

Johnny Redman
Two fine insightful posts in a row - you should contribute more often!
Thanks for all!

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight