Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 5 days ago #362039

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1265
Last edit: by Knight.
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 5 days ago #362059

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1265
Central Connecticut's record now 1-1.
Beat Coast Guard 104-64; lost to Hartford 74-59.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 5 days ago #362120

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3152
I see 6 points from O'Connell
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 5 days ago #362124

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1582

Moose wrote: I see 6 points from O'Connell

Has to be an analytics thing!!;) :P

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 5 days ago #362126

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 244

Logen wrote:

Moose wrote: I see 6 points from O'Connell

Has to be an analytics thing!!;) :P

Would you prefer he posted his efficiency rating? :)

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 4 days ago #362146

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 961

Knight wrote: Central Connecticut's record now 1-1.
Beat Coast Guard 104-64; lost to Hartford 74-59.

Their website lists them as being 0-1. Coast Guard game was an exhibition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 4 days ago #362157

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1154
I believe CCSU is ranked in the 300's. Never understood why we wouldn't schedule Marist which is a similar level opponent instead. I think the last time we played Marist was when I was a student there. I still remember watching the game rooting for Marist and came away very impressed that we almost beat a major team. Kinda funny being on the other side now.

redstormsports.com/sports/mens-basketbal...marist/boxscore/1332

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 4 days ago #362158

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3152

Mike Zaun wrote: I believe CCSU is ranked in the 300's. Never understood why we wouldn't schedule Marist which is a similar level opponent instead. I think the last time we played Marist was when I was a student there. I still remember watching the game rooting for Marist and came away very impressed that we almost beat a major team. Kinda funny being on the other side now.

We don't schedule Marist because then who would you root for?

All seriousness scheduling is said to be the hardest thing for a coach. Its a two way street. Maybe SJU wanted Marist but Marist wanted an absurd amount of money. Or demanded a game in their building in the future. Too many times we hear oh why not schedule this team. And always remember there are 2 sides to every story for those instances when you hear Team X has wanted to play Team Y for years but they wont.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 4 days ago #362166

• SJU61982

Mike Zaun wrote: I believe CCSU is ranked in the 300's. Never understood why we wouldn't schedule Marist which is a similar level opponent instead. I think the last time we played Marist was when I was a student there. I still remember watching the game rooting for Marist and came away very impressed that we almost beat a major team. Kinda funny being on the other side now.

Mullin and CCSU coach Donyell Marshall were Warriors teammates. That was the thought behind scheduling them two years ago, but Marshall was suspended for that game (by the school, over a non-NCAA issue, IIRC). Anderson probably thought it would be easier to just keep the game. One less thing he'd have to worry about in his first year on the job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362284

• SJU61982
SJU leads the all time series, 2-0.
redstormsports.com/sports/mens-basketbal...-state-university/20

The first meeting,back in 1990, saw us score a school record (still standing) 135 points. With the new style, and CCSU possibly being the worst team we will play all season, it's not completely out of the realm (though highly unlikely), that we could beat this number tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight