Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362285

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1154
The way I see it, if CMA doesn't have this team averaging 100 pts per game, I'd say can him. The bar has been set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362286

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 672

Mike Zaun wrote: The way I see it, if CMA doesn't have this team averaging 100 pts per game, I'd say can him. The bar has been set.

I actually am looking forward with some anticipation to some of the better teams. Good or bad result I want to get a feel as to how we match up. Someone mentioned Vermont as being pretty good and of ASU in December. I really have no idea how those games go.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362288

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 1270
Tomorrow is St. John's Basketball Family Day

From what I hear over 125 former players and managers will be recognized/honored at halftime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, isham, redmannorth, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Moose, MJDinkins, gonzalo, RedStormRising, Class of 72 and 10 other people also said thanks.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362290

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 15413
Press release;

Saturday’s game will be the second in a five-game Queens homestand to open the season. The Johnnies last started a campaign with five or more consecutive games on campus in 2005-06.

Central Connecticut comes to Queens on the heels of a 74-59 loss to Hartford in the team’s home opener on Tuesday. The Blue Devils trailed by only three at halftime before the Hawks pulled away late.

Both of the Blue Devils to finish in double figures were freshmen, as Greg Outlaw and Jamir Reed scored 13 points apiece. Overall, seven of the 15 players on the Central Connecticut roster are in their first year of collegiate basketball.

The Blue Devils are coached by 1994 BIG EAST Player of the Year and 15-year NBA veteran Donyell Marshall.

Bryan Heron, the father of St. John’s senior Mustapha Heron, starred at CCSU for four years from 1985-89. He scored 1,558 points during his playing days in New Britain, good enough for ninth on the program’s all-time scoring list.

St. John’s is 2-0 all-time against Central Connecticut, including an 80-55 win over the Blue Devils two seasons ago at Carnesecca Arena. The lone other meeting between CCSU and the Johnnies etched the Blue Devils in the St. John’s record books, as Malik Sealy scored 43 points in 135-92 victory on Nov. 24, 1990. Those 135 points are the highest single-game total in program history while Sealy’s 43 points stood as a Carnesecca Arena/Alumni Hall mark for nearly three decades before Ponds netted 44 against Marquette on Feb. 10, 2018.

After hosting the Blue Devils, St. John’s will return to action on Tuesday night when it welcome the University of New Hampshire to Carnesecca Arena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362292

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3152

Mike Zaun wrote: The way I see it, if CMA doesn't have this team averaging 100 pts per game, I'd say can him. The bar has been set.

Taking bets on the first person who thinks this is a serious post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, romiSJU, QueensBall, Tom H O'Toole

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362293

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 263
The only two things I want to see from this game are if we once again have the same high level of effort on defense and the same great ball movement on offense that we had against Mercer. These first few games I want to see if that's the standard rather than the exception.

We may shoot worse and they may shoot better. We may force less turnovers or give up more turnovers. Those things can't always be controlled due to the other team's talent level, the atmosphere in the arena, the officiating, how tight the rims are, fate, etc. Defensive effort and ball movement always travel and only depend on the willingness of the players and the ability of the staff to motivate those players. So far so good but a single game is not a pattern so hopefully tomorrow is the start of a pattern of behavior we can expect from this group.

Also if Earlington doesn't score 30 then he's garbage and belongs in D2
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, Logen, Andrew, NCJohnnie

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362307

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1265
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, NCJohnnie

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362309

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2483
I don't think we reach 136 points, but I think we raise our season average to 111.

Would love to see the preseason blowouts so high that even with the Big East schedule dragging us down we end up averaging 80+ ppg. It would be a nice thing to show recruits.

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362317

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 916

QueensBall wrote: The only two things I want to see from this game are if we once again have the same high level of effort on defense and the same great ball movement on offense that we had against Mercer. These first few games I want to see if that's the standard rather than the exception.

We may shoot worse and they may shoot better. We may force less turnovers or give up more turnovers. Those things can't always be controlled due to the other team's talent level, the atmosphere in the arena, the officiating, how tight the rims are, fate, etc. Defensive effort and ball movement always travel and only depend on the willingness of the players and the ability of the staff to motivate those players. So far so good but a single game is not a pattern so hopefully tomorrow is the start of a pattern of behavior we can expect from this group.

Also if Earlington doesn't score 30 then he's garbage and belongs in D2

Great post and I am sure these are points that Anderson drills home with the players. He was all over them when the defense got sloppy during the early second half timeout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

(PRE-GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 1 month 3 days ago #362338

• usguard
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 277
Things
going well so far but we should damper our enthusiasm since things will go differently when comp gets better.When the going starts to get rough hope we all can be patient
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight