Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387167

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4733

austour wrote:

L J S A wrote:

austour wrote: By the time this is over my hair will be down to my ass, but hey t least I have some at my age.

Took a peek in the window of my hairstylist, and everything was gone -- even the barber chairs and mirrors. Not sure if they were just being paranoid about being looted, but it sure seemed like they were never coming back. Shaved most of my head the following night.

I texted my hair dresser to see if she would come over for a backyard cut and she advised she has been working throughout only for existing clients. I said no thank you. My wife wants to cut mine but I'm holding out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387191

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1116

Moose wrote: I just don't understand announcing it now. See how things go the next 6 weeks (picking an arbitrary number). Just seems like many are making announcements just to make announcements. Then again its to appease the many inpatient citizens too. Who the hell knows anymore.

I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess that it has to do with how/when they commit their financial resources for next semester. They have to decide at some point who get let go, furlough, etc as well as what resources they need to dedicate to virtual classes. I doubt they can wait until August to choose a path.

Add to that they are in CA where the governor has been pretty clear that he doesn't think there will be fans at pro sports in CA in the fall, or at state universities.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387192

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1513
California State University system to stay online, leaving fall sports in air

www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/2...ving-fall-sports-air

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387208

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128
After a virtual meeting with Adam Silver, owners and executives are encouraged about the NBA's momentum toward a return to play, sources told @wojespn.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387252

• Paultzman

Date TBD

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387254

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 609

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: 3 Mountain West schools - Fresno State, San Diego State & San Jose State - will not offer on-campus classes in fall semester. In all, 23 California universities will only have online fall classes, California State University Chancellor Timothy White announced

I just don't understand announcing it now. See how things go the next 6 weeks (picking an arbitrary number). Just seems like many are making announcements just to make announcements. Then again its to appease the many inpatient citizens too. Who the hell knows anymore.

+1000
In every aspect...California announcing Sept as a target date is ridiculous...announcements should be next 30 days max. Too many ulterior motives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Last edit: by Section3.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387260

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1513
Great to see Mike Anderson in this video clip, but annoyed to see other non Big East coaches including Pitino in an MSG clip. I guess if you sign up to play.....

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387261

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2986

Paultzman wrote: After a virtual meeting with Adam Silver, owners and executives are encouraged about the NBA's momentum toward a return to play, sources told @wojespn.

I believe in science (not charlatans), wear my mask at all times in public if I'm out in daylight, and have been sheltering in place . . . but someone really needs to have to testicular fortitude to make the first move or we'll be sportless until 2023.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, RedStormRising, panther2

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387302

• Paultzman
Not hoops, but;

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 3 weeks ago #387345

• Paultzman
ACC commissioner John Swofford:
"We are going into this year with the anticipation of playing at this point. All of our institutions are indicating they intend to open in various fashions as we go into the fall, but there’s a lot that can happen between now and then."
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight