TOPIC:

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387632

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2483

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Rothstein

Notre Dame will cancel its fall break, end its fall semester by Thanksgiving, and welcome students back to campus during the week of August 10th, per release.

South Carolina announced the similar yesterday; Marquette and Creighton also going that way.

Interesting game of chicken colleges are playing. I'm intrigued and somewhat impressed by their flexibility and creativity.

Can somebody explain what they’re trying to do? I didn’t read the release and not understanding exactly the plan?

Start semester a little earlier it seems. Eliminate breaks somewhat and have finals before thanksgiving. Semester ends before the flu season really gets underway.

Aha gotcha. Didn’t think of the flu season angle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387633

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4733
Do we have contract already with MSG for this years games already ? As crazy as this sounds since we all know I despise CA but I'd put every game there except for Nova and one or 2 others just for this year if even that much

Just wondering what would the ramifications be if Cuomo said no fans for fall winter indoor sports and we had a contract with MSG for 5 games. Dont want it in the future but from Biz POV this season I would understand it

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387634

• redmannorth
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3507

mjmaherjr wrote: Do we have contract already with MSG for this years games already ? As crazy as this sounds since we all know I despise CA but I'd put every game there except for Nova and one or 2 others just for this year if even that much

Just wondering what would the ramifications be if Cuomo said no fans for fall winter indoor sports and we had a contract with MSG for 5 games. Dont want it in the future but from Biz POV this season I would understand it

If we had a contract hopefully it would include an Act of G d clause or perhaps you call it “superior force” whereby we would not have to pay the rental fee if the Act of G d occurred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387637

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2986

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Notre Dame will cancel its fall break, end its fall semester by Thanksgiving, and welcome students back to campus during the week of August 10th, per release.

South Carolina announced the similar yesterday; Marquette and Creighton also going that way.

Interesting game of chicken colleges are playing. I'm intrigued and somewhat impressed by their flexibility and creativity.

Can somebody explain what they’re trying to do? I didn’t read the release and not understanding exactly the plan?

Start semester a little earlier it seems. Eliminate breaks somewhat and have finals before thanksgiving. Semester ends before the flu season really gets underway.

I love the move. So much so that I suggested it on the board a week or two ago. :lol:

But seriously, someone needed to have the balls to think outside the box, even if it's barely outside the box.

Another year of this and schools might have to be in session all summer and send the kids home for the entire flu season. It would affect me being able to sit on the beach and go to Splish-Splash with my kids all summer, but I guess visiting my mom from before Thanksgiving until after the New Year would be nice, too. Just freaking cold. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, panther2

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387638

• mjmaherjr
  • Away

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

I love the move. So much so that I suggested it on the board a week or two ago. :lol:

But seriously, someone needed to have the balls to think outside the box, even if it's barely outside the box.

Another year of this and schools might have to be in session all summer and send the kids home for the entire flu season. It would affect me being able to sit on the beach and go to Splish-Splash with my kids all summer, but I guess visiting my mom from before Thanksgiving until after the New Year would be nice, too. Just freaking cold. :lol:

and less lobster rolls near sag harbor that time of the year
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387640

• BrooklynRed
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 265

redmannorth wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Do we have contract already with MSG for this years games already ? As crazy as this sounds since we all know I despise CA but I'd put every game there except for Nova and one or 2 others just for this year if even that much

If we had a contract hopefully it would include an Act of G d clause or perhaps you call it “superior force” whereby we would not have to pay the rental fee if the Act of G d occurred.

Another possibility is business interruption insurance to cover the cost for us or the loss for MSG

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387641

• MCNPA

mjmaherjr wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Plenty of lobster rolls here on the NH Seacoast Mike. We only have 109 hospitalizations for Covid in the state right now. Just don’t bring any here..
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, L J S A

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387642

• mjmaherjr
  • Away

MCNPA wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Plenty of lobster rolls here on the NH Seacoast Mike. We only have 109 hospitalizations for Covid in the state right now. Just don’t bring any here..

Not sure if we will be flying international again this year so it could be a driving distance only long weekend type thing. So dont eat all the lobster :)

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387644

• MCNPA

mjmaherjr wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Not sure if we will be flying international again this year so it could be a driving distance only long weekend type thing. So dont eat all the lobster :)

Well things aren’t going well in trade with China who buys most of New England’s lobster so I’m gonna guess it’s gonna be cheap and plentiful.

Around College Basketball 2019/20 Season 1 month 2 weeks ago #387658

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128
Beating Duke has its consequences :)

Stephen F. Austin will have multiple sports - including men’s basketball - serve a postseason ban due to falling under the APR threshold. Sources told @Stadium it was due to an administrative error in academic certification process. Men’s basketball will serve ban in 2021-22

Stephen F. Austin was 28-3 and 19-1 this past season under Kyle Keller, best-known for its win at Duke early in the season.

Jeff Goodman
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJUNC, romiSJU

Last edit: by Paultzman.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight