Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA

(POST GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 3 weeks 6 days ago #362690

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1148

MCNPA wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: The most startling deifference ashe competition level goes up is the skill and agility of opponents bigs. I'd withhold judgment on the quality of of the play of our bigs until we start playing teams with talent up front. While the play of Roberts is certainly encouraging, in the Big East if you switch off your man to try to block a shot, you can often be out of position, or even beat for a layup.

Like most of us I'm looking forward to seeing just how much Roberts has improved and if he can be a Big East impact player.

Caraher did not stand out at all against lower competition. No assessment yet because it takes a while for some guys to get their feet wet.

LJ cannot take 60% of his shots from three if we expect to be competitive. Yes, he will score points that way, but our style of play has to get us into the opponent's 2nd five, and fouls play a big part of that.

I will say this about our “bigs”. Roberts and Steere will be two of the most mobile and athletic bigs in the conference. We’ve seen Roberts athleticism and Steere’s is on par. Steere is an athletic beast physically. He’s a big, strong kid and will be more athletic than a lot of the guys he matches up with. He may not have the overall size of some of these 7 footers but if he plays aggressive ball and dunks everything he gets under the basket, we are gonna have a big addition in 8 more games.

I just hope Steere doesn't look for jump shots. I hope he wants to bang down low and bully people. If he's wide open and can knock them down routinely then fine, but I'd rather see him in the paint most of the time. It would be so refreshing to get real big men who understand their role and maybe have some offensive skill too. When's the last guy who was 6'10+ 230+ who had a legit jump hook and soft touch around the rim while also being a solid rebounder? I've never seen any as long as I've been a fan.
The topic has been locked.

(POST GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 3 weeks 6 days ago #362691

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 397
Watching the game this morning and coming away more impressed with the court awareness of Champagnie and realizing because of the different coaching philosophies of Mullin and Anderson , he would have played probably ten minutes under Mullin up to this point and would be called on to contribute very little for the rest of the season.

(POST GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 3 weeks 6 days ago #362695

• redken
  • Thank you received: 980

Beast of the East wrote: ... Caraher did not stand out at all against lower competition. No assessment yet because it takes a while for some guys to get their feet wet. ...

Beast, as wet as his feet may get, they won't ever move any faster.
Last edit: by redken.

(POST GAME) Central Conn. St., Sat. Nov. 9, 4p, FS-2, 570 WMCA 3 weeks 6 days ago #362716

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2482

redken wrote: Beast, as wet as his feet get, they won't ever move any faster.

They will if they are webbed.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight