Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SJU Collector Stuff

SJU Collector Stuff 1 week 3 days ago #371521

• RJGBOOTSY
  • Thank you received: 201

Beast of the East wrote: Somewhere around 1980 or so St. John's redid the floor in Alumni Hall. They made commemorative souvenirs out of the pieces of hardwood and sold them. At the time a student season ticket was really cheap and the price for the commemorative piece was more than I could afford. I know it was around 1980 because I had a line of reporting to Dean Mary Maloney who was a big Johnny fan and had one in her office.

I have a piece very cool!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SJU Collector Stuff 5 days 55 minutes ago #372287

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1697

mjmaherjr wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: Anyone see this before ? Friend of mine had it in his house for years and just gave me it today. I never saw this before. One of our 114 friends thinks it’s made of actual court and it looks like it has Lou actual signature in marker. Anyone familiar with this ?

I have one as well. In my "yute", I had a home office in my basement where I displayed lots of sports memorabilia. Most of it was St John's related. I had game used NBA jerseys from Mark Jackson (Knicks), Mel Davis (Knicks), Bill Wennington (Sacremento), Walter Berry (Spurs), Chris Mullin (Warriors) and a few others. I also had game used autographed sneakers from Billy Paultz, Bill Wennington, Mark Jackson and a few other guys. I also had several St John's autographed team pictures (including Looie's last season). I was friends with Dutch Ouderkirk (former equipment manager at St John's) and he gave me several game used St John's jerseys. When the kids moved out and we downsized to a condo, my wife insisted that I divest myself of my collection so I donated all of it to the St John's athletic department to be auctioned at various events to raise money for scholarships.

The only piece I still have is a game used basketball warmup jacket that says St John's on the front and Redmen on the back. That one is a keeper.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, RedStormNC

SJU Collector Stuff 5 days 14 minutes ago #372293

• redken
  • Thank you received: 1002

Beast of the East wrote: Somewhere around 1980 or so St. John's redid the floor in Alumni Hall. They made commemorative souvenirs out of the pieces of hardwood and sold them. At the time a student season ticket was really cheap and the price for the commemorative piece was more than I could afford. I know it was around 1980 because I had a line of reporting to Dean Mary Maloney who was a big Johnny fan and had one in her office.

Robert Werdann's grandfather helped lay the original CA floor in 1961.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Last edit: by redken.

SJU Collector Stuff 5 days 10 minutes ago #372295

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 247

MarkRedman wrote: I have one as well. In my "yute", I had a home office in my basement where I displayed lots of sports memorabilia. Most of it was St John's related. I had game used NBA jerseys from Mark Jackson (Knicks), Mel Davis (Knicks), Bill Wennington (Sacremento), Walter Berry (Spurs), Chris Mullin (Warriors) and a few others. I also had game used autographed sneakers from Billy Paultz, Bill Wennington, Mark Jackson and a few other guys. I also had several St John's autographed team pictures (including Looie's last season). I was friends with Dutch Ouderkirk (former equipment manager at St John's) and he gave me several game used St John's jerseys. When the kids moved out and we downsized to a condo, my wife insisted that I divest myself of my collection so I donated all of it to the St John's athletic department to be auctioned at various events to raise money for scholarships.

The only piece I still have is a game used basketball warmup jacket that says St John's on the front and Redmen on the back. That one is a keeper.

Part of Mark Redman's collection is now proudly on display in my mancave. Very grateful to your wife for encouraging you to downsize and to you for keeping the history in the Redmen family!

When my time comes (from downsizing or otherwise), there will be clear instructions to ensure these find their way into the hands of another St. John's supporter!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, MarkRedman, gonzalo, romiSJU, richard A Steinfeld, Andrew, RedStormNC, Double J

Last edit: by firestorm.

SJU Collector Stuff 4 days 22 hours ago #372310

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1697

firestorm wrote:

MarkRedman wrote: I have one as well. In my "yute", I had a home office in my basement where I displayed lots of sports memorabilia. Most of it was St John's related. I had game used NBA jerseys from Mark Jackson (Knicks), Mel Davis (Knicks), Bill Wennington (Sacremento), Walter Berry (Spurs), Chris Mullin (Warriors) and a few others. I also had game used autographed sneakers from Billy Paultz, Bill Wennington, Mark Jackson and a few other guys. I also had several St John's autographed team pictures (including Looie's last season). I was friends with Dutch Ouderkirk (former equipment manager at St John's) and he gave me several game used St John's jerseys. When the kids moved out and we downsized to a condo, my wife insisted that I divest myself of my collection so I donated all of it to the St John's athletic department to be auctioned at various events to raise money for scholarships.

Part of Mark Redman's collection is now proudly on display in my mancave. Very grateful to your wife for encouraging you to downsize and to you for keeping the history in the Redmen family!

When my time comes (from downsizing or otherwise), there will be clear instructions to ensure these find their way into the hands of another St. John's supporter!

Brings back fond memories of yesteryear
The following user(s) said Thank You: firestorm

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight