Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373453

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4165
Duke of Earlington wrote:
Anthony Mattia wrote:
Paultzman wrote: @RobDauster

Markus Howard scored 77 points in two games this week. He's averaging 35.8 ppg the last two weeks. The last time he didn't score at least 26 points was 12/7. He's shooting 43% on 9.8 3PAs. Insane.

Anybody else missing Justin Simon right now

No. We have enough players on this team that cant shoot.

We beat Marquette twice last year because Simon held Howard to a combined 7-32 shooting and 25 points over two games while scoring 30 points himself in those games. Yes, we could use him for sure tomorrow night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Monte, Paultzman, OLV72, IDRAFT, capmaker, bamafan, JohnnyFan, Anthony Mattia, Patrick C ripdumaine
Last edit: by NCJohnnie.
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373454

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 84
Seton hall is better than Marquette and we had that game slip through our fingers. If we repeat that effort we win

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373455

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1074
Howard will get his points, but let's try to make him do it on a lot of shorts, preferably tough twos.

He scored 42 points on Saturday, but on 31 field goal attempts. That probably helped keep Georgetown in it.

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373456

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2502

SJU61982 wrote: Howard will get his points, but let's try to make him do it on a lot of shorts, preferably tough twos.

He scored 42 points on Saturday, but on 31 field goal attempts. That probably helped keep Georgetown in it.

I watched the game and do believe Marquette being so reliable on Howard helped keep Georgetown in it. On the flip side, he also beat the Hoyas.

Down the stretch, he went to work on 'em. They threw different stuff at him and he still torched the Hoyas late in the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman
Last edit: by MJDinkins.

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373463

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 16917
St Johns opens as a 9-point underdog tomorrow night at Marquette #sjubb
Zach B

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 1 day ago #373476

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 404
They hold teams to 63% on the free throw line. We are in trouble.

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 18 hours ago #373481

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 105

Paultzman wrote: St Johns opens as a 9-point underdog tomorrow night at Marquette #sjubb
Zach B

This is do or die for this team. They need to rattle off a 3 or 4 game win streak here or this season is over.

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 17 hours ago #373482

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 286
Very winnable game despite the spread, let's go!

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 16 hours ago #373486

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 2549
Sadly I don’t see us winning tonight. Think Marquette may try pressing the way Hall did in 2nd half. That rattled us on both ends. Opposing teams will continue to push Heron and Fig outside of their shooting comfort zone, and with lack of other offensive options, they will keep shooting. Dunn may have a problem getting to the hole against John. Our scrappiness will keep it somewhat close, but if I wasn’t an SJU fan I would be taking Marquette and laying the points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

(PRE-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Jan. 21, 9pm, FS-1 / 970AM WNYM 4 weeks 15 hours ago #373488

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 16917

Monte wrote: Sadly I don’t see us winning tonight. Think Marquette may try pressing the way Hall did in 2nd half. That rattled us on both ends. Opposing teams will continue to push Heron and Fig outside of their shooting comfort zone, and with lack of other offensive options, they will keep shooting. Dunn may have a problem getting to the hole against John. Our scrappiness will keep it somewhat close, but if I wasn’t an SJU fan I would be taking Marquette and laying the points.

Agree Monte & believe road wins for this scrappy, but poor shooting team will be rare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight