Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney?

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 17 hours ago #374961

• Duke of Earlington
  • Duke of Earlington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 178
I thought the season was over. Experts have us as a first 4 out right now. I had no clue we were this close to making the tourney:
www.yahoo.com/sports/bracketology-michig...ening-130244208.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 17 hours ago #374962

• SJU11Redmen
  • Thank you received: 134
It's a weak bubble. Win some games and we are right back in it. We have quality OOC wins compared to our competition.

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 17 hours ago #374963

• Duke of Earlington
After the Nova loss it was like getting hit over the head with a brick. Now this news!!!!!!!!! Wow! I am back!

Lets go Johnnies! NCAA tourney bid is in our grasp!

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 17 hours ago #374965

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1113

SJU11Redmen wrote: It's a weak bubble. Win some games and we are right back in it. We have quality OOC wins compared to our competition.

We need to stop calling it a "weak bubble." We seem to say that every year. Of course, the bubble would weaken when the field was expanded to 68.

I think we have enough years of evidence to know that this is what it is, now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, Dan V, CMA TIME

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 17 hours ago #374966

• Duke of Earlington
I just looked at Joe Lunardis on ESPN. He doesnt even have us as a last 4 out. That is probably more accurate.

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 16 hours ago #374973

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 17709
There are possibilities and there are probabilities. At best SJU falls in the former & remote at that imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Delaware, NCJohnnie

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 14 hours ago #374983

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3268
Sounds like an April Fools post. Is there a tradition of such near groundhogs day?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tonyinfairfield

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 14 hours ago #374986

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2171
I think it means that our destiny is still in our hands and the damage we have taken thus far can be undone if we figure out a way to win some games. Let’s see what Anderson and the gang that can’t shoot straight can salvage.

Last edit: by MCNPA.

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 13 hours ago #374988

• CMA TIME
  • Thank you received: 166

MCNPA wrote: I think it means that our destiny is still in our hands and the damage we have taken thus far can be undone if we figure out a way to win some games. Let’s see what Anderson and the gang that can’t shoot straight can salvage.

At the very least we'd probably have to go 6-3 to have a chance at an ncaanl bid. Does anyone see that as a possibility? Probably not
I'll take it one step further, they lose this Sunday and you could forget the nit.

Prove me wrong guys and finish 7-2 and win the damn b.e. tourny
I want you to prove me wrong.

As of today, St johns is on the cusp of an at large bid for the ncaa tourney? 2 months 13 hours ago #374989

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 755
Can't see how we would be a bubble team when we aren't anywhere near .500 in conference.

We need a 4 game win streak before anyone should even dream of bringing up the NCAA tournament as a possibility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, capmaker, CMA TIME

Last edit: by SJUFAN2.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight