Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378191

• T & J
  • Thank you received: 20

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote: One thing you can say about this years team is that we rarely got blown out. One big problem is we loose the close games and let the lead slide away.

Give me the blowout everyday of the week. Four games we blew late, and so we're 3-10. If we held on to those games, we are right in the middle of things in the b.e. at 7-6, then you just wonder what could have been.
9-9, some even said 8-10, and we're, we'd just need 1 or 2 more wins and we're in.
Instead now the nit is out of the question. Wish we could fast forward to next year.

Just to confirm. You'd prefer the team to be blown out every game that ends up in a loss, as opposed to a competitive game? I believe we saw that during the Mullin years and it was a total lack of effort. Yea let's never see that again.

What I'm saying is, when you get blown .out that it's easy to forget, when you have the lead late in the game and blow those games, those games tend to stick with you, just knowing that if you won those 4 that you're still in the thick of thing and the season isn't over. Those cause sleepless night, blow outs you just say screw this and watch something else.

That's what I'm saying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378197

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 976

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote: One thing you can say about this years team is that we rarely got blown out. One big problem is we loose the close games and let the lead slide away.

Give me the blowout everyday of the week. Four games we blew late, and so we're 3-10. If we held on to those games, we are right in the middle of things in the b.e. at 7-6, then you just wonder what could have been.
9-9, some even said 8-10, and we're, we'd just need 1 or 2 more wins and we're in.
Instead now the nit is out of the question. Wish we could fast forward to next year.

Just to confirm. You'd prefer the team to be blown out every game that ends up in a loss, as opposed to a competitive game? I believe we saw that during the Mullin years and it was a total lack of effort. Yea let's never see that again.

What I'm saying is, when you get blown .out that it's easy to forget, when you have the lead late in the game and blow those games, those games tend to stick with you, just knowing that if you won those 4 that you're still in the thick of thing and the season isn't over. Those cause sleepless night, blow outs you just say screw this and watch something else.

That's what I'm saying.

So you're saying you personally as a fan can't emotionally handle close losses. Got it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378198

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1579

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

I thought you were done with the team this season. Change of heart?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378200

• T & J

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

So you're saying you personally as a fan can't emotionally handle close losses. Got it.

Glad you do.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378201

• T & J

Knight wrote:

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

I thought you were done with the team this season. Change of heart?

Oh I am, I said I'm going watch the xfl this Sunday and I am. Wednesday their on at 6:30, so I'll find something to do until 8:30 just so I can't turn them on. I said no more FRUSTATED posts right? Because I won't watch them.
Yeah I might check the score online but I will not watch another game, even if they got the lead until wednesday of the B.E.tournament.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378204

• Knight
Let's slap them in the face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romiSJU

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378205

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4461

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

I cant anymore. Old age :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378206

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 540
Going to buy tickets...is there a section where a group of Johnnies fans will be?

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378207

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1030

T & J wrote:

Room112 wrote:

T & J wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

All good T&J Room RS et al
We are all doing the best we can as fans to stick w team
Losing stinks
Close losses burn even more
I like Coach Anderson and what is done
The team tries
Players play
We are headed in the right direction
Thanks for all SS&G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , JackofVirginia
Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 1 month 1 week ago #378210

• Knight
With all due respect, losses aren't supposed to be easily absorbed. Learn, work, learn, work. Recruit, recruit, recruit.
It's better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all.
That being said, I'm as anxious as any Johnnies fan to dance regularly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight