Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 3 months 1 week ago #378279

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 410
I saw enough “down 15 with 7 to go in the half, down 20+ early in the second half, cut into the lead and lose by 10-12 to make it appear ‘respectable’” games, which were the hallmark of the “give them credit” years. I want to see competitive basketball, at least you can sell a recruit as being “the guy who puts us over the top”.

And, for the record, I am sick of moral victories.
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress - K.I.T.T., “1776”
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 3 months 1 week ago #378280

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 588

Paultzman wrote: SJU a 10.5-point underdog at Seton Hall

I root for SH when they aren’t playing SJ. IMO, this game will be close...may end up near the spread but think it will be close.

IMO, keys for SJ are:
1) Make Powell work hard on offense - Rutherford/Dunn/Williams more than capable
2) Make Powell work hard on defense - would like to see a combination that forces him to guard Dunn (e.g. Roberts, Champ, Earlington, LJ and Dunn). Don’t think he can keep Dunn in front of him.
3) Don’t avoid contact w/Gill on drives. . ..let’s get him in fouls trouble if possible. He was the difference in the 1st game.
4) Make foul shots
5) Put electric fence at 3 point line to keep LJ in control. Frankly, would prefer to see him receiving ball at foul line (his floater was more reliable coming down middle of key) and in any case, have him inside 15’.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 3 months 1 week ago #378282

• Duke of Earlington
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 235
The duke is going to have to get 25 plus today if we are going to win this game.

(PRE-GAME) @#16 / #14 Seton Hall, Sun. Feb. 23, 2pm, CBS / 570 WMCA 3 months 1 week ago #378283

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1612

Duke of Earlington wrote: The duke is going to have to get 25 plus today if we are going to win this game.

Tiring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romiSJU
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight