Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381353

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1855

Eric Williamson wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Earlington has great instinct around the hoop. Not only does he have a nose for the rebound, he has a great ability to adjust his body at the last minute to avoid getting a charge on many occasions.

Will be very interesting to see what Figgy decides to do next year. We'd certainly be much better off if he comes back, but understand he may want to make money overseas sooner rather than later.

LJ seemed very excited after the win. He is clearly not NBA ready and could benefit with another year playing in college. I too think it would be great if he came back. My son and I were having this conversation after the win (about how much money you can make overseas) and my son looked up D’Angelo Harrison. In places like Russia and Israel amongst others he has earned roughly $11M. Now clearly not NBA money but that ain’t bad and that is clearly life changing for his family.

I think it will be interesting to see how the Coronavirus and travel bans affect players in his situation, or if it does at all. I'm hoping/praying that it is all resolved by then, but you just never know.

What is the official deadline that students have to enroll by in order to attend the fall semester?

If LJ's only opportunity to play post-college is overseas (which appears likely at this moment), and there are restrictions as to where he could potentially be allowed to go to, it could impact his decision. If it's ultimately G-League or college, he may just be persuaded to return to college.

He can go virtually anywhere provided he can get there. It is coming back that may be a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381355

• Jaden Daly
  • Thank you received: 55
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381357

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 589

mjmaherjr wrote: What a fucking comeback !!!

Yes this was curse worthy

Thank you God!

This also deserves our message.

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381359

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 589
Thought Ewing's benching Wahab in the second half helped us immensely.

And for those who don't believe Dunn has any point guard skills just look at his stats - 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. Kid can really fly.

Glad to see Fiqueroa and Rutherford getting to play in another college game.

Have to wonder what Mullin must be thinking about Earlington.

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381375

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 186
So last night I get stuck next to a big obnoxious Georgetown alum/superfan from Merrick and his daughter (I think she was embarrassed he was so loud).

For the first 34 minutes this guy is whooping it up big time, remarking how SJU couldn't shoot worth a lick. (he was right).

After he had three big 24 ounce beers he goes to the bathroom with them up by like 5. He took a while and when he came back he could NOT believe it we are up by 8 and he was stunned. "So nice to have you back", I say to him.

Not a gracious loser either. He tells me Creighton will pound us.

I felt so happy with this win cause of Mr. Georgetown/big obnoxious guy. I felt sorry for his daughter.

So P.S. he tells me he got kicked out of two Jesuit schools by the same priest. Fr. Byrne, first at Regis HS--(Beast and Monte will get a kick out of this!)-- and then his senior year at Georgetown that priest moved on and did it to him again. You can't make this stuff up. He finished at Manhattan College. So in the end he is not even a Georgetown Alum, a wannabe, but he told me 5 times his father graduated from Georgetown and his daughter went to Cornell and she is heading to medical School, yadda yadda, he even claimed Georgetown was an Ivy League school or as good as one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Monte, mjmaherjr

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381431

• shamsman2
  • Thank you received: 78

JackofVirginia wrote: Thought Ewing's benching Wahab in the second half helped us immensely.

And for those who don't believe Dunn has any point guard skills just look at his stats - 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals. Kid can really fly.

Glad to see Fiqueroa and Rutherford getting to play in another college game.

Have to wonder what Mullin must be thinking about Earlington.

Hope he is happy for him.

He saw Earlington and practice and made his decisions. Earlington a year older and little ahead him has shined. Don't blame Mullin, easy to second guess.

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381639

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 588

Monte wrote:

MCNPA wrote: Earlington is all heart. Not much a skill-guy. If he can get his footwork and other skills in tune, he will take another huge jump. He has a good feel for where to be. I still feel like he’s mega-raw. His best days are ahead of him. I too wrote him off.

Gotta disagree with you on the his not being much of a skill guy. He is our best finisher around the hoop, and he does it with not just muscle, but with plenty of skill. Yes he can still improve on his skills, but I think many underestimate how skilled he is already.

Find it amazing how he gets his shot off despite limited height and hops. Also, like Champagnie, very calm. You never see this kid look worried or like the moment is too big. Didn't see this coming, very impressed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Monte, mjmaherjr, jackfro

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381641

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 588

ghostzapper wrote: I just got back from the Garden and was glad that I went to, what looks like it will be, the last game that we play this season in front of a live crowd. The comeback was fantastic and for me the game flipped when Terrell Allen went down with a leg cramp with more than six minutes left to play. After that, Georgetown was rutterless and could do nothing.without their Quarterback healthy and running the show. Give us credit though, once the door of opportunity opened a crack the team bashed it in and swarmed a fatigued and undermanned Georgetown team and delivered a decisive knockout blow.

Earlington was awesome and led the way but others contributed as well and it was very much a team victory. Kudos to Coach Mike Anderson who has kept this team playing hard all season and has allowed the players to blossom under his guidance. I don't know how we will play against Creighton tomorrow, with a very quick turnaround, but I wil not be shocked if we battle like hell against them for the whole forty minutes.

agree that Allen’s cramp was a turning point, but think we were turning the tide a bit by forgoing the help defense and traps. Also we started to take away Allen’s right since he continually drove that way

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381646

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4611

Section3 wrote:

Monte wrote:

MCNPA wrote: Earlington is all heart. Not much a skill-guy. If he can get his footwork and other skills in tune, he will take another huge jump. He has a good feel for where to be. I still feel like he’s mega-raw. His best days are ahead of him. I too wrote him off.

Gotta disagree with you on the his not being much of a skill guy. He is our best finisher around the hoop, and he does it with not just muscle, but with plenty of skill. Yes he can still improve on his skills, but I think many underestimate how skilled he is already.

Find it amazing how he gets his shot off despite limited height and hops. Also, like Champagnie, very calm. You never see this kid look worried or like the moment is too big. Didn't see this coming, very impressed

He can take shots at odd angles around the rim but it's really that he has great control of his body doing it I think and just has a nose how to finish. I'm not even sure that can be taught to an extent. He has a natural nose for where to be. If he devolps that three oh man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Monte, IDRAFT, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

BET (POST GAME) Georgetown, Wed., Mar. 11, 7p, FS-1 / 570 AM 2 months 3 weeks ago #381652

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 896
He gets in great position and uses the glass well The announcers said yesterday that any 50/50 ball that is near Earlington is like a 75/25 ball w his hustle.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight