Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381555

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5869
  • Thank you received: 1612
Per Jon Rothstein-
Sources: Several universities are leaning towards not allowing coaches to go on the road for Spring recruiting at conclusion of their respective college basketball seasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381561

  • SJUFAN2
  • SJUFAN2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 956
  • Thank you received: 899

Knight wrote: Per Jon Rothstein-
Sources: Several universities are leaning towards not allowing coaches to go on the road for Spring recruiting at conclusion of their respective college basketball seasons.


Skype and Facetime can handle that issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381576

  • Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Patrick C ripdumaine's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 221
  • Thank you received: 191

Knight wrote: Per Jon Rothstein-
Sources: Several universities are leaning towards not allowing coaches to go on the road for Spring recruiting at conclusion of their respective college basketball seasons.

Somewhere Mullin and Richmond are saying "wait, this is new? I thought it was standard!!"........I kid, I kid lol j/k
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381577

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2039
  • Thank you received: 877
Honestly, I think they should give the kids who are out of eligibility an opt in additional year of eligibility if they so choose. Let teams expand the roster for one year. You claim to really care about the student athlete then grant them a hardship waiver. Some kids may have had there dream crushed to play in the Tournament wiped out. Why not give them another shot.

I know it won’t ever happen and I’m sure people will come up with a thousand reasons why not but if the schools really cared this would be on the table. Of course, sadly, all about the money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381606

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6510
  • Thank you received: 2881

sjc88 wrote: Honestly, I think they should give the kids who are out of eligibility an opt in additional year of eligibility if they so choose. Let teams expand the roster for one year. You claim to really care about the student athlete then grant them a hardship waiver. Some kids may have had there dream crushed to play in the Tournament wiped out. Why not give them another shot.

I know it won’t ever happen and I’m sure people will come up with a thousand reasons why not but if the schools really cared this would be on the table. Of course, sadly, all about the money.


Was thinking this same thing today. Seems way more reasonable than hoping and praying for May Madness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381643

  • BrooklynRed
  • BrooklynRed's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 290
  • Thank you received: 262
For all we know the Spring Recruiting Events may be cancelled. If you are a top rated kid do you want to expose yourself to the virus, especially when you see NCAA and pro teams canceling/suspending?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381645

  • mkras99
  • mkras99's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1397
  • Thank you received: 345

SJUFAN2 wrote:

Knight wrote: Per Jon Rothstein-
Sources: Several universities are leaning towards not allowing coaches to go on the road for Spring recruiting at conclusion of their respective college basketball seasons.


Skype and Facetime can handle that issue.


Venmo more effective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 3 weeks ago #381666

  • redmannorth
  • redmannorth's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4080
  • Thank you received: 3365

BrooklynRed wrote: For all we know the Spring Recruiting Events may be cancelled. If you are a top rated kid do you want to expose yourself to the virus, especially when you see NCAA and pro teams canceling/suspending?


As of this minute the Adidas recruiting events in Louisville and Omaha Nebraska scheduled for the end of April have not been cancelled. However, we are expecting that they will be. There is also the Nike Eybl circuit. Will let you all know if in fact they are cancelled. These are huge spring recruiting events.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 2 weeks ago #381669

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2943
  • Thank you received: 684

L J S A wrote:

sjc88 wrote: Honestly, I think they should give the kids who are out of eligibility an opt in additional year of eligibility if they so choose. Let teams expand the roster for one year. You claim to really care about the student athlete then grant them a hardship waiver. Some kids may have had there dream crushed to play in the Tournament wiped out. Why not give them another shot.

I know it won’t ever happen and I’m sure people will come up with a thousand reasons why not but if the schools really cared this would be on the table. Of course, sadly, all about the money.


Was thinking this same thing today. Seems way more reasonable than hoping and praying for May Madness.


Yeah it sucks but no. They had a complete season. Several conferences had already played and completed their tournaments. Some of the spring sports are a different story as they jus got up and running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Spring Recruiting in Jeopardy 2 months 2 weeks ago #381692

  • James Ray Lamb
  • James Ray Lamb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 216
  • Thank you received: 137
SEC suspends all on- and off-campus recruiting through at least March 30.
www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/mar/12/...s-recruiting/?sports

I haven't been able to find a similar statement from the Big East. Are they dragging out this decision too?

It hurts football because they're recruiting now. SEC, the spring signing period for basketball begins on April 15 and runs through May 20. Big East probably has the same dates?

A lot can change by April 15. Coronavirus might be worse or maybe the situation will improve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by James Ray Lamb.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight