Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381566

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19128
Thanks to CMA, Van, Steve, TJ & a great bunch of easy to root for kids! Been fun & future bright!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: billthetruth, espken, Section3, isham, RM86, Happy, newsman13, redmannorth, SJUNC, weathermannyc and 31 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381570

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1116
Amen to that Paultz!

It was a rollercoaster season but it was a lot of fun and these kids were great ambassador's for this program. It sucks how it all ended, but they should be very proud of what they accomplished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, Andrew

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381571

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 583
Amen Paultz! I hope the kids and staff see this and realize how much we support them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redken, jerseyshorejohnny

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381574

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 225
Not only did they exceed my expectations, particularly once Heron went down, but it was refreshing to see a SJU team and individual players approve. Not only was I confident we would win today, but I had a good feeling about Providence or Butler on Friday night if we got to that point.

Also props to SJU fans, including myself (pat on back), who attended last night. With everything going on, and a .500 team, there was every reason not to go. We had a good crowd and the crowd helped propel the team to a victory that made not only us feel good as fans, but Cragg, the staff and most importantly our players. Williams, Earlington and others were ecstatic waiving their arms to get the crowd up when we dribbled it out, and I was glad they got to experience that moment. I feel confident there will be more to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, Paultzman, jerseyshorejohnny, panther2, bamafan

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381580

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 194
Thank you for laying the foundation for the return of St John's bball that we all miss. Great group from head coach all they way down to the walkons. Cant wait to see how much they improve again next year. Some talent coming in will only help us reach higher. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to with realistic visions of something greater
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, jerseyshorejohnny, bamafan

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381582

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3648
Do you think that Creighton thought today they were playing the 9th seeded team?

Thank you Mike Cragg, CMA and staff, and to all the kids who simply outworked talented competition all season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, SJUNC, Paultzman, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, Andrew, BrooklynRed

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381587

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 609

Paultzman wrote: Thanks to CMA, Van, Steve, TJ & a great bunch of easy to root for kids! Been fun & future bright!

Was very proud of the comeback last night - especially sitting in between a couple of GT fans. It was great when my turn to yahoo came around.

They looked good today. Too bad. CMA did a real nice job with them.

Feel for all college seniors. End of the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, jerseyshorejohnny

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381589

• Section3

Beast of the East wrote: Do you think that Creighton thought today they were playing the 9th seeded team?

Thank you Mike Cragg, CMA and staff, and to all the kids who simply outworked talented competition all season.

noticed Beast in the crowd today...looked like Creighton was given more friends and family tix
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381590

• espken
  • Thank you received: 514
Say what you want about the talent level of this roster. All a coach can ask for is his team to put themselves in a position to win. 17 victories in the bank and on at least 5 occasions they had the lead at the under 4 minute mark of the second half before falling. I almost think we win 20 easy if they were playing under TBT rules with the ELAM ending. Kudos to this team for never giving up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Beast of the East, jerseyshorejohnny, ctstorm

Last edit: by espken.

Thanks! 3 months 3 weeks ago #381591

• Section3

espken wrote: Say what you want about the talent level of this roster. All a coach can ask for is his team to put themselves in a position to win. 17 victories in the bank and on at least 5 occasions they had the lead at the under 4 minute mark of the second half. I almost think we win 20 easy if they were playing under TBT rules with the ELAM ending. Kudos to this team for never giving up.

Correction: 17.5 wins
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, PharmaJohnny

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight