Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post Season Honors

Post Season Honors 2 months 3 weeks ago #381630

• Ray Morgan
  • Ray Morgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 938
The season is over, and the players should be recognized by us SJU basketball fans for exceeding all of our expectations.

Unsung Hero:
Nick Rutherford. No doubt in my mind. Never took a play off and his ability to disrupt on defense made him a key part of some of our wins. Played with great heart and enthusiasm, and made the most of his season here.

Most Improved Player:
Marcellus. No one even close. And he was getting better at the end of the season.

Most Courageous:
Mustapha Heron. Played hurt until he just couldn't anymore. he also didn't abandon the program when others would have. Extra points for being a good person and a good student.

Newcomer of the Year.
Penny. He embarrassed a lot of scouts who didn't think he was Big East material. He played with a certain calmness not usual for freshman, but also a quiet but obvious passion. may average a double double before his career is over. Great job by our current staff for seeing his talents.

Most Valuable Player:
We had an entire team of MVPs, and every one of them deserves our recognition and gratitude.

Most Valuable Person: Coach Mike Anderson. I finally believe we have the right coach at the right time.

I'm sure I missed a few categories, so feel free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bacane, Section3, redmannorth, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, redken, gonzalo, RedStormRising, Coaster, Delaware and 8 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Post Season Honors 2 months 3 weeks ago #381637

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 588

Ray Morgan wrote: The season is over, and the players should be recognized by us SJU basketball fans for exceeding all of our expectations.

Unsung Hero:
Nick Rutherford. No doubt in my mind. Never took a play off and his ability to disrupt on defense made him a key part of some of our wins. Played with great heart and enthusiasm, and made the most of his season here.

Most Improved Player:
Marcellus. No one even close. And he was getting better at the end of the season.

Most Courageous:
Mustapha Heron. Played hurt until he just couldn't anymore. he also didn't abandon the program when others would have. Extra points for being a good person and a good student.

Newcomer of the Year.
Penny. He embarrassed a lot of scouts who didn't think he was Big East material. He played with a certain calmness not usual for freshman, but also a quiet but obvious passion. may average a double double before his career is over. Great job by our current staff for seeing his talents.

Most Valuable Player:
We had an entire team of MVPs, and every one of them deserves our recognition and gratitude.

Most Valuable Person: Coach Mike Anderson. I finally believe we have the right coach at the right time.

Spot on RM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan

Post Season Honors 2 months 3 weeks ago #381638

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4600

Ray Morgan wrote: The season is over, and the players should be recognized by us SJU basketball fans for exceeding all of our expectations.

Unsung Hero:

Most Improved Player:

Most Courageous:

Newcomer of the Year.

Most Valuable Player:

very well said
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan

Post Season Honors 2 months 3 weeks ago #381647

• redken
  • Thank you received: 1112

Unsung Hero:

Most Improved Player:

Most Courageous:

Newcomer of the Year.

Most Valuable Player:

Appreciate your including Mustafa Heron in your accolades. The guy gave it everything he had before having nothing left to give, and frequently took a lot of undeserved heat for his efforts. A great teammate, and I know we all wish him nothing but the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, bamafan, Ray Morgan, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Jnaw17, Steve Knortz, NCJohnnie

Post Season Honors 2 months 3 weeks ago #381651

• ELNAPLES70
  • Thank you received: 17
I don't post often, in fact rarely, but for me,I want to express my gratitude to the players and coaching staff for the efforts they put in this season. One can only ask that one gives their best in any situation, and I am more than proud of the effort put in by all this season. Sure, I would have loved to see them win every game, but it was just as important to see the camaraderie on the team. Looking forward to next year, and thank you for this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bacane, isham, Room112, SJUNC, panther2, bamafan, Ray Morgan, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Post Season Honors 2 months 2 weeks ago #381667

• ctstorm
  • Thank you received: 190

Unsung Hero:

Most Improved Player:

Most Courageous:

Newcomer of the Year.

Most Valuable Player:

Real good job, but IMO you have to find room and a category for Dunn. As much heart as you could possibly hope for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Post Season Honors 2 months 2 weeks ago #381680

• Ray Morgan
  • Ray Morgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 938

ctstorm wrote:

Unsung Hero:

Most Improved Player:

Most Courageous:

Newcomer of the Year.

Most Valuable Player:

Real good job, but IMO you have to find room and a category for Dunn. As much heart as you could possibly hope for.

I know that Dunn deserves accolades. I'm just drawing a blank. It would be great if someone can find an honor for a person that had to live through the ups and downs of waiting for NCAA clearance, and was ready to play from day 1 when given the chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Post Season Honors 2 months 2 weeks ago #381681

• nycfan
  • Thank you received: 73
Seeing Mustapha @57 in mock NBA draft to Celtics -

www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Post Season Honors 2 months 2 weeks ago #381687

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3513

nycfan wrote: Seeing Mustapha @57 in mock NBA draft to Celtics -

www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

not happening. He showed nothing that would indicate a player of his size would be worthy of a second round pick. Everything went wrong for him during his stay here, from injuries, to loss of confidence, and perhaps even discord or bad chemistry on the 2018-2019 team.

Mustafa must show he can hit outside shots with regularity (especially wide open looks), make much better decisions taking the ball to the hole (he was often out of control taking the ball into heavy traffic), get a better handle, and defend and rebound well at his expected position. HE is far from being on the pro radar in my opinion at this juncture. I still do believe he has a pro body and a much higher ceiling than what he showed here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Post Season Honors 2 months 2 weeks ago #381693

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3513

ELNAPLES70 wrote: I don't post often, in fact rarely, but for me,I want to express my gratitude to the players and coaching staff for the efforts they put in this season. One can only ask that one gives their best in any situation, and I am more than proud of the effort put in by all this season. Sure, I would have loved to see them win every game, but it was just as important to see the camaraderie on the team. Looking forward to next year, and thank you for this year.

Are you in Naples FL?

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight