Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are you doing with no sports

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382709

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2885

mjmaherjr wrote: I'll give you guys a funny story with legit life lessons. Sunday between 3-4 Nathalie and I were driving and I said lets make 1 last stop before we go home just to top off some grocery stuff. I said lets try the supermarket in huntington station that's pretty much like the spanish supermarket because generally I'm the only gringo ever there. I'm sure they willl have stuff because Latin and South Americans ( no offense to any here ) never plan for anything. Heck in Peru they buy that nights food at the grocery store that day.

Anyway we go there and there might have been 5 people shopping TOTAL in the store.

They had plenty of toilet paper, bread pasta canned food everything. EXCEPT Chicken. Not 1 shred of chicken in the whole store.

3 life lessons you can take from this.

Spanish people LOVE Chicken
White people are the hoarders
White people ( except me ) are afraid to shop in huntington station

Ha ha, just yesterday I was thinking about whether the Mexican supermarkets in East Oakland would have stuff because the average white person might not want to go there.

Fear is definitely working well for our shopping in Oakland Chinatown. My wife can find food no problem because people are afraid to be around Asians. And I've been able to find medicine no problem for if I eventually catch something flu-like that isn't coronavirus.

Our big supermarkets -- Safeway and Lucky -- and Target are five minutes from my home, and are still wiped the hell out. I haven't had to resort to lining up outside at 5 a.m. yet waiting for them to open, but if people keep hoarding, I will eventually have to, thus becoming who I hate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by L J S A. Reason: sp.

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382710

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 4611

L J S A wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: I'll give you guys a funny story with legit life lessons. Sunday between 3-4 Nathalie and I were driving and I said lets make 1 last stop before we go home just to top off some grocery stuff. I said lets try the supermarket in huntington station that's pretty much like the spanish supermarket because generally I'm the only gringo ever there. I'm sure they willl have stuff because Latin and South Americans ( no offense to any here ) never plan for anything. Heck in Peru they buy that nights food at the grocery store that day.

Anyway we go there and there might have been 5 people shopping TOTAL in the store.

They had plenty of toilet paper, bread pasta canned food everything. EXCEPT Chicken. Not 1 shred of chicken in the whole store.

Ha ha, just yesterday I was thinking about whether the Mexican supermarkets in East Oakland would have stuff because the average white person might not want to go there.

Fear is definitely working well for our shopping in Oakland Chinatown. My wife can find food no problem because people are afraid to be around Asians. And I've been able to find medicine no problem for if I eventually catch something flu-like that isn't coronavirus.

Our big supermarkets -- Safeway and Lucky -- and Target are five minutes from my home, and are still wiped the hell out. I haven't had to resort to lining up outside at 5 a.m. yet waiting for them to open, but if people keep hoarding, I will eventually have to, thus becoming who I hate.

LOL !! I just showed Nathalie this and we are dying laughing
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382719

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 877

You have great timing. Just today my wife who is from Honduras was bitching to me that she could not find chicken at the local Stop and Shop. She claims old white woman are losing there minds. Frankly I was more worried about the pasta situation as I have about 15 bottles of Prego but very little pasta. You can make pasta and it’ll last weeks or until corona hysteria passes. Anyway, my wife placed a call to her father who lives in Queens. He has assured her he has a friend of a friend who will cover all her chicken requirements and TP needs as needed. I kid you not, I think I’m driving to Queens tomorrow to pick up the pollo. Either that or I am a dead man. I think she’s joking. I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, L J S A, RedStormNC, BrooklynRed

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382720

• mjmaherjr

sjc88 wrote:

You have great timing. Just today my wife who is from Honduras was bitching to me that she could not find chicken at the local Stop and Shop. She claims old white woman are losing there minds. Frankly I was more worried about the pasta situation as I have about 15 bottles of Prego but very little pasta. You can make pasta and it’ll last weeks or until corona hysteria passes. Anyway, my wife placed a call to her father who lives in Queens. He has assured her he has a friend of a friend who will cover all her chicken requirements and TP needs as needed. I kid you not, I think I’m driving to Queens tomorrow to pick up the pollo. Either that or I am a dead man. I think she’s joking. I think.

lol. well if you need pasta or anything else except chicken go to Huntington Food Plaza in Huntington Station. Tell them El Gringo sent you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88, L J S A, RedStormNC

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382728

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 560

mjmaherjr wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

lol. well if you need pasta or anything else except chicken go to Huntington Food Plaza in Huntington Station. Tell them El Gringo sent you :)

That the one just north of 25 on the west side of 110?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382729

• vandiemen8
  • Thank you received: 19
As a Dominican, I can tell you, this thread is hilarious!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, sjc88, L J S A

Last edit: by vandiemen8.

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382730

• mjmaherjr

Section9 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

That the one just north of 25 on the west side of 110?

Yep. They were literally fully stocked on everything else. Place is excellent. We shop there a lot. Nathalie went back yesterday and they were fully stocked although she didn't look for TP or towels because we don't need any. They even had just gotten delivery of chicken

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382731

• Mario
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 88
Anyone suggest a good movie?

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382732

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2169

Mario wrote: Anyone suggest a good movie?

Dominican Shoppers During the Corona Virus Pandemic ;) :) I just watched the movie Yesterday and my wife and I both liked it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

What are you doing with no sports 2 months 2 weeks ago #382737

• SJUNC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 149

Mario wrote: Anyone suggest a good movie?

The Sting, Witness for the Prosecution, Jaws, Shawshank Redemption and of course The Godfather
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklynRed

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight