Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pitino to Iona 3 months 10 hours ago #384431

• mjmaherjr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4733

SJUNC wrote: For all those that want to take shots at Pitino, it is not a good idea to bet against him. He even wins his wrestling bets !

I was on record as wanting to hire Pitino last year and I love Mike Anderson. It is possible to do both.

exactly ! There are a lot of us who would have been very happy with Pitino who are happy with CMA. It’s possible to appreciate both fir their coaching
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Tonyinfairfield , bamafan, ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino to Iona 3 months 7 hours ago #384441

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 541
As far as Coaching goes , Rick Pitino is a great Coach . Would he be a great Coach here ? Probably . But , the School decided there was too much past history with Rick to hire him . Luckily , AD Cragg moved on to Coach Anderson which shows signs of being a excellent hire . As his Recruits come on Board , results should improve in the Wins column . Likely need another strong recruiting class after the incoming one to become a BE Contender .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Pitino to Iona 3 months 7 hours ago #384442

• Coaster
  • Thank you received: 111
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·

Rick Pitino tells me that he would take Iona to Rupp Arena to play Kentucky if the Wildcats return the game to MSG as part of a home-and-home series.

Also adds that Iona is aiming to play Minnesota next season at MSG thanks to a Wrestlemania bet with Richard Pitino.

Pitino to Iona 3 months 3 hours ago #384465

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3648
I think the unspoken panic here is a little ridiculous. Duke, UNC, NC State are all in close proximity to each other. There are plenty of players to go around. Iona being ranked would not because they are stealing players that otherwise would go here. Iona playing in the Garden would be a non event in the city even if ranked, just as no one really cares when Syracuse plays an ACC game here. Their own fans show up and that's about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Pitino to Iona 3 months 1 hour ago #384475

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3853
For everyone but Otis ;)

Pitino on Jon Rothstein podcast today

Pitino to Iona 2 months 4 weeks ago #384527

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1826

Iona attempting to play Kentucky and Minnesota at MSG

Pitino to Iona 2 months 4 weeks ago #384548

• redken
  • Thank you received: 1118

jerseyshorejohnny wrote:

If so, it'll be the first time I will have ever rooted for Kentucky.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 4 weeks ago #384551

• Chicago Days
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2984
Kinda funny, you may not love the guy if Pitino's coaching your team but you sure as hell love the results.
The guy's an absolute great coach, a super aggressive PR maniac, and a bulldog recruiter. Having him coach a rival local school will be irritating but manageable because we've got CMA--the ultimate class act.
Having him coach a rival Big East school would be a thorn in the butt and probably raise the BP on the Board 30 points, but again I think we'd be okay because CMA is also a great coach and the ultimate night-and-day contrast to Pitino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Pitino to Iona 2 months 4 weeks ago #384553

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 609

Chicago Days wrote: Kinda funny, you may not love the guy if Pitino's coaching your team but you sure as hell love the results.
The guy's an absolute great coach, a super aggressive PR maniac, and a bulldog recruiter. Having him coach a rival local school will be irritating but manageable because we've got CMA--the ultimate class act.
Having him coach a rival Big East school would be a thorn in the butt and probably raise the BP on the Board 30 points, but again I think we'd be okay because CMA is also a great coach and the ultimate night-and-day contrast to Pitino.

Pitino is a great, great coach and I was all in to hire him. The thing that gives me confidence is that CMA will never, ever not have a tough team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Pitino to Iona 2 months 4 weeks ago #384556

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1136

jerseyshorejohnny wrote:

Kentucky doesn't need to play Iona at MSG. They can get much better games then that in just about any location, and still pack the place. Heck, they'll draw more by playing a "buy" game at home. Might cost them more, but probably not too much, since they wouldn't have to travel, themselves.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight