Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385413

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 317
Just a question ,is Pitino totally clear with the NCAA or is his case still ongoing and could they come back at him is something develops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385423

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 309

Chicago Days wrote: Makes you wonder why a guy like Pitino--all that drive & talent--has to cheat. Guessing his ID won't let him leave anything to chance.

Good question. Look at all the coaches who have repeatedly cheated, in one way or another: Wooden, Tarkanian, Sutton, Crum, Williams, Boeheim, Calhoun, Miller, Self, every LSU coach, etc., etc. They can all coach well enough to be successful, even very successful, but I guess the thought process is to win at the highest level, you have to cheat. The rationale for this is that your competitors are conducting business in this manner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Chicago Days

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385426

• otis
  • Thank you received: 1393
those that desire to closely follow the Iona College mens basketball team and it new coach will be pleased to know that the below linked message board will allow them to do that

ionahoops.proboards.com/board/1/iona-basketball

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385428

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2986

MainMan wrote: I already witnessed Iona vs Kentucky at MSG.
It was the 1995 Holiday Festival and Tim Welsh Iona beat Brian Mahoney's SJU (with Felipe and Zendon) in the first round to play in the championship against Pitino's Wildcats.
It was a nightmare.

I did like the part where Iona tried to full-court press them and it took Kentucky two seconds to break it.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385457

• Monte
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3002

usguard wrote: Just a question ,is Pitino totally clear with the NCAA or is his case still ongoing and could they come back at him is something develops

I haven't heard of him being cleared, and I expect it would have been well publicized by now if he had been.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385482

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 583
I think one thing we can all agree on is that Pitino is a lightening rod for attracting attention and publicity. This thread is a good example. As of now, 395 replies and over 18.3K views. Probably exactly what Iona was hoping for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385485

• Beast of the East
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3647

Tonyinfairfield wrote: I think one thing we can all agree on is that Pitino is a lightening rod for attracting attention and publicity. This thread is a good example. As of now, 395 replies and over 18.3K views. Probably exactly what Iona was hoping for.

For them it is risk reward, but with lower risk and higher reward than it would have been for us.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385497

• Tonyinfairfield
  • Thank you received: 583

Beast of the East wrote:

Tonyinfairfield wrote: I think one thing we can all agree on is that Pitino is a lightening rod for attracting attention and publicity. This thread is a good example. As of now, 395 replies and over 18.3K views. Probably exactly what Iona was hoping for.

For them it is risk reward, but with lower risk and higher reward than it would have been for us.

Don't disagree with that.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385500

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 1206
RP is the master of drumming up support, given Kentucky (his old school obviously) hasn't yet committed to a game but he's gotten so many talking it.

Beast is correct about the risk/reward being different.

Keep in mind that another coach who won a championship at Kentucky, Tubby Smith, just finished his first season at low major High Point. He finished 9-23.

Pitino to Iona 2 months 2 weeks ago #385539

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2986

Adam wrote: Keep in mind that another coach who won a championship at Kentucky, Tubby Smith, just finished his first season at low major High Point. He finished 9-23.

Guess he didn't have Rick's players from the season before. :lol:

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight