Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382212

• The Palpable Buzz
  • The Palpable Buzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 153
I am not sure if this had been addressed, but Damien Sears instagram post makes it seem like he is transferring out.

Players on the team in the comments section make it sound like it's true.

If that is the case, Sears will be missed. He wasn't the most talented player, but he hustled and played to the best of his ability. He was also a big team guy from his attitude off the bench. Thought his final game as a Johnnie vs GT he played very well.

Thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackfro, shamsman2, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382214

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128

The Palpable Buzz wrote: I am not sure if this had been addressed, but Damien Sears instagram post makes it seem like he is transferring out.

Players on the team in the comments section make it sound like it's true.

If that is the case, Sears will be missed. He wasn't the most talented player, but he hustled and played to the best of his ability. He was also a big team guy from his attitude off the bench. Thought his final game as a Johnnie vs GT he played very well.

Thoughts?

Appreciate his effort, but this is an opportunity hopefully to upgrade roster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Beast of the East, redken, Class of 72

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382215

• RJGBOOTSY
  • Thank you received: 211
Agree with the summary above and appreciate his coming for the year. Wish him well. In big time D1 sports this is the way the ball bounces. Hopefully, he will find a place where he can obtain more minutes and we can utilize his scholarship to upgrade the roster. Smart move and all involved will benefit.

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382216

• The Palpable Buzz
Yes I agree, his effort is appreciated, but a big scholarship spot opens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Paultzman

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382217

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2483
He’s gonna be pressed to find minutes next year and I think playing at a lower level will benefit him as well. Good luck to him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick C ripdumaine, The Palpable Buzz, BrooklynRed

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382218

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128

The Palpable Buzz wrote: Yes I agree, his effort is appreciated, but a big scholarship spot opens.

With another on the way it would seem
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382221

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2986
I very much appreciate the kid coming here, but it was obvious he'd be leaving for a while now. And with Roberts not being able to work on his game over the offseason (if he stays), we need some bigs pretty badly.

This is a chance for Sears to head closer to home at a lower school and get some minutes that he would not find here next season. Hopefully both parties view it as a win-win for all.

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382224

• redmannorth
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3507
I thank him immensely for his time here at SJU and wish him all the very best. He never pouted and seemed to give it his limited all. He seemed to be a good teammate and I wish him nothing but success in all of his future endeavours. Hoping he finds a great home for his senior season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, isham, Room112, SJU85, redmanwest, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, IDRAFT, gonzalo, bamafan and 7 other people also said thanks.

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382226

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2483

Paultzman wrote:

The Palpable Buzz wrote: Yes I agree, his effort is appreciated, but a big scholarship spot opens.

I’m guessing it’s gonna be Steere but that’s an obvious one. Roberts already said he’s coming back. Caraher played well down the stretch, and Earlington and Champs I doubt going anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85, The Palpable Buzz

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382227

• The Palpable Buzz

Paultzman wrote:

with another on the way??? I haven't heard this. Is someone else projected to transfer out?

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight