Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382238

• redken
  • Thank you received: 1118

redmannorth wrote: I thank him immensely for his time here at SJU and wish him all the very best. He never pouted and seemed to give it his limited all. He seemed to be a good teammate and I wish him nothing but success in all of his future endeavours. Hoping he finds a great home for his senior season.

Little Ricky's first big recruit? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sears 3 months 3 weeks ago #382239

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 1254
Really wouldn’t have minded him as a 12/13th end of bench big. Good luck to whatever he chooses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382242

• redken

Amaseinyourface wrote: Really wouldn’t have minded him as a 12/13th end of bench big. Good luck to whatever he chooses.

As it was, he was our number one backup big -- or rather non-big, since we didn't have a legitimate big to begin with. But he seemed to be a terrific teammate and a hard worker. And like you, I wish him nothing but good luck -- and somewhere where he can get some substantial PT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, JackofVirginia, Las Vegan, Jnaw17

Last edit: by redken.

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382243

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4701
I second Redmannorth's post. So thankful for the commitments of guys like Sears, Rutherford & McGriff when CMA really needed to field a team late in the day. Wish Damien all the best, suspect he'll transfer somewhere closer to home.
You were a true team guy who gave us some good minutes and always gave 100% effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, redmanwest, redken, Joe

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382246

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2986

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

The Palpable Buzz wrote: Yes I agree, his effort is appreciated, but a big scholarship spot opens.

With another on the way it would seem

Roberts already said he’s coming back.

I wonder how much the injury played a part in that, though. Hopefully zero percent, but it's certainly easier to stay put and get treatment than be viewed as damaged goods while shopping for a new program.

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382364

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 309

NCJohnnie wrote: I second Redmannorth's post. So thankful for the commitments of guys like Sears, Rutherford & McGriff when CMA really needed to field a team late in the day. Wish Damien all the best, suspect he'll transfer somewhere closer to home.
You were a true team guy who gave us some good minutes and always gave 100% effort.

Agree with you and glad you mentioned Rutherford, who was a big part of salvaging this season. Didn't expect that much, but wish he had another year with SJU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382370

• redken
So is it confirmed Sears is leaving?

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382375

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3002

Las Vegan wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: I second Redmannorth's post. So thankful for the commitments of guys like Sears, Rutherford & McGriff when CMA really needed to field a team late in the day. Wish Damien all the best, suspect he'll transfer somewhere closer to home.

Agree with you and glad you mentioned Rutherford, who was a big part of salvaging this season. Didn't expect that much, but wish he had another year with SJU.

Like all the kids on the team, Rutherford put forth as much of an effort as anyone could have expected. He was a relentless defender who caused lots of problems for opposing teams, especially when we pressed. He also made some huge shots for us. He was a much bigger contributor then his stat line indicates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, isham, redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, redken, Red2395, JackofVirginia, IDRAFT, Class of 72 and 4 other people also said thanks.

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382535

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 19124
Verbal Commits
St. John's F Damien Sears (RS JR) is transferring. Grad transfer w/one year to play. verbalcommits.com/players/damien…
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Knight

Sears 3 months 2 weeks ago #382536

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3852

Paultzman wrote: Verbal Commits
St. John's F Damien Sears (RS JR) is transferring. Grad transfer w/one year to play. verbalcommits.com/players/damien…

Wish him the best
And congrats on the degree!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, isham, redmannorth, Room112, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, SJU85, redmanwest, redken, OLV72 and 8 other people also said thanks.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight