Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LJ Status

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382580

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2169

Duke of Earlington wrote: I am 100% positive figgy will be back. Its a no-brainer.

Maybe in your brain but maybe not in Figgy's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382582

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2885

Boo Harvey wrote:

L J S A wrote: If he comes back, I'm concerned that Williams will transfer. I don't think he wants to risk being a bench player another year.

Huh?

You really can't figure this out?

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382583

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 420

L J S A wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

L J S A wrote: If he comes back, I'm concerned that Williams will transfer. I don't think he wants to risk being a bench player another year.

Huh?

They play different positions, plus a bench player in this system still gets 20+ mins per game and that’s what really matters

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382585

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 603

SJU14 wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

Huh?

They play different positions, plus a bench player in this system still gets 20+ mins per game and that’s what really matters

I get what he's trying to say... without LJ here, Williams is probably a day 1 starter, without LJ back it's possible, CMA could go with a starting back court of Dunn, Cole, LJ... Rather than Dunn, Williams, Cole, which would be my guess if LJ leaves.

But as you said Williams is going to be a major part of the rotation regardless, however you can't ignore LJ returning how it's going to impact other players and their minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382586

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 121
easier said than done, but LJ should stay. he's not getting drafted this year or next. at the very least get your diploma, and be THE face of the program next season. get one more year of basking in the spotlight.

leave now, and suffer the same fate of Ponds: no degree. no contract. no team.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382587

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 280
I think LJ is a great kid, and obviously a talented basketball player, but he drove me nuts this past season with his shot selection, and bonehead play at times.

The game @Providence he must have taken 8 to 10 shots from 3 plus feet behind the 3pt line (and most did not go in). I felt like the offense ran a lot smoother at times when he was on the bench and shots would be taken within the flow of the offense.

When he's hot though he's obviously a huge difference maker. If he wants to come back then I'm all for it, but I think he's got a lot to work on over the offseason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roamer, Mean Gene

Last edit: by PharmDJohnnie11.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382588

• dee
  • Thank you received: 43

redmen4life wrote: easier said than done, but LJ should stay. he's not getting drafted this year or next. at the very least get your diploma, and be THE face of the program next season. get one more year of basking in the spotlight.

It's actually ashamed about ponds but cant he play somewhere in europe?

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382599

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 186
Walter Berry a more talented player and a big, had a fantastic career in Italy, Shamorie should be able to do the same.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382602

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 121

dee wrote:

redmen4life wrote: easier said than done, but LJ should stay. he's not getting drafted this year or next. at the very least get your diploma, and be THE face of the program next season. get one more year of basking in the spotlight.

It's actually ashamed about ponds but cant he play somewhere in europe?

ponds can certainly play in europe, but i don't know his situation.

once he was cut from the g-league, it seemed like he's just been wandering.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382607

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 221
Would shock me as well for a ton of reasons. One, like Williams seems like a grounded, mature, highly intelligent kid from a good family who recognizes how much he's improved under Anderson. Two, he knows he has not only a place but a significant role in the lineup with Anderson's system. Three, LJ is a 3 whereas Earlington is a small ball 4.

Boo Harvey wrote:

Rob wrote: LJ leaving, in my view, only impacts whether we bring in an additional player. Has no impact on Williams or others who are now established starters or rotation guys. With a coach who will routinely play 9/10 guys decent minutes, for a team in which guys will have some foul trouble many games because of the aggressive defense, and with the pace Anderson's teams plays at, I wouldn't be concerned that LJ returning means a Williams leaves. He has developed nicely under Anderson's tutelage and will continue to flourish in what is a perfect system for him. Also appears to have a very grounded intelligent father who routinely praises CMA and staff on twitter.

Williams and LJ play two totally different positions. If LJ comes back I’d be more worried about Earlington transferring.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight