Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LJ Status

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382617

• Roamer
  • Thank you received: 43

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: I think LJ is a great kid, and obviously a talented basketball player, but he drove me nuts this past season with his shot selection, and bonehead play at times.

The game @Providence he must have taken 8 to 10 shots from 3 plus feet behind the 3pt line (and most did not go in). I felt like the offense ran a lot smoother at times when he was on the bench and shots would be taken within the flow of the offense.

When he's hot though he's obviously a huge difference maker. If he wants to come back then I'm all for it, but I think he's got a lot to work on over the offseason.

Agreed. I thought at times he messed up the flow and rhythm of the other players. I also CAN'T STAND his tear drop shot but in any event we are overall a better team with him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382618

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 507
Two sure fire ways for SJU to improve next season:
1 Dunn stop taking threes
2 LJ stop taking floaters
Those shots are basically turnovers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, AlBovino, Tonyinfairfield , redken, Moose, capmaker, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, L J S A

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382624

• Its*Over*Johnny
  • Thank you received: 17

Enright wrote: Two sure fire ways for SJU to improve next season:

So we just completely give up on player development? I think we can agree that we have a much better coaching staff now and many players are able to improve their shot. Dunn may just be a bit tired from his high effort defense. Could conditioning be the answer for him?

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382633

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3525

BrookJersey Redmen wrote: Walter Berry a more talented player and a big, had a fantastic career in Italy, Shamorie should be able to do the same.

Didn't Walter Berry play mostly in Spain, where he played at one point for Sergio Luyk's dad. At least one season he averaged about 45 ppg.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382639

• redmannorth
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3365

Beast of the East wrote:

BrookJersey Redmen wrote: Walter Berry a more talented player and a big, had a fantastic career in Italy, Shamorie should be able to do the same.

Didn't Walter Berry play mostly in Spain, where he played at one point for Sergio Luyk's dad. At least one season he averaged about 45 ppg.

Greece.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382641

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18712
Rothstein

Two big things to keep an eye out in terms of Coronavirus' impact on college basketball:

1. More transfers committing without taking official visits
2. More underclassmen returning to school due to the uncertainty surrounding the NBA Draft
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, JohnnyFan

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382643

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18712

redmannorth wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

Greece.

Edit
In 1989, Berry went to Italy, where he played for Italian LBA League club Paini Napoli. After that, he spent much of his career playing in Greece, in the Greek Basket League and the EuroLeague, where he forged a reputation as one of the most savvy scorers, with a wide variety of shots and ways of scoring
Wikipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382644

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 877

Paultzman wrote: Rothstein

Two big things to keep an eye out in terms of Coronavirus' impact on college basketball:

2. More underclassmen returning to school due to the uncertainty surrounding the NBA Draft

Baseball is talking about not having a draft to save signing bonus money. sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-considers-sk...inues-024617294.html

I doubt it happens and also doubt NBA follows suit. However, these are very different times so who knows anymore.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382645

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 938

Enright wrote: Two sure fire ways for SJU to improve next season:

1. I would rather see Dunn work on his touch from 3 so he can at least keep defenders honest. But since shooters are generally born and not made, I'm not counting on that.

2. LJ went from shooting 58% on 2 point shots to 39%. His 3 point % actually was a little better this season. So getting rid of the of the floater as his go to shot is the way to go. Just seems like L.J. tried to do more than his talents allowed. Sometimes it's nice to be a 2nd or 3rd option like L.J. was with Ponds here.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382648

• IDRAFT
  • Thank you received: 569

Paultzman wrote: Rothstein

Agree with both and would add for number two serious uncertainty related to the Overseas fallback option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Long Island Mike

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight