Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LJ Status

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382747

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 350

richard A Steinfeld wrote: Posh has more pg skills then Dunn and Williams my guess is he won’t start immediately , but will ultimately take over the starting spot, We need a facilitator.

Never ceases to amaze me when posters who've never seen a kid play in any capacity (excluding You Tube clips), let alone in a college game, predict how they will perform at the high-major level.

But heck, this is a fan site and we do have plenty of time on our hands. So why not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382748

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 3526
I have no inside knowledge and I'm glad I don't, but I would guess LJ is 60-40 coming back. CMA can help him improve immensely is on the plus side. That's 60%

The urge to leave early, like Ponds and Simon, is there.

I did speak to one of the coaches in the off season, who said when asked that kids who stay four years sometimes feel like failures and are ready to make some money somewhere. So we will see. I'd like to see him stick around, to get a degree, and give him a shot at better money. that's the 40% part

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382754

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 507
Beast of the East is correct that the longer you stay in school the more a failure you are looked as, but with the virus all over this year should be different.
LJ has such a good all around game that with less pressure on him to score , assuming SJU brings in some shooters his over all production could improve considerly next season and both he and SJU could benefit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, Frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382757

• AlexSTJ
  • Thank you received: 239

Boo Harvey wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote: Posh has more pg skills then Dunn and Williams my guess is he won’t start immediately , but will ultimately take over the starting spot, We need a facilitator.

Never ceases to amaze me when posters who've never seen a kid play in any capacity (excluding You Tube clips), let alone in a college game, predict how they will perform at the high-major level.

But heck, this is a fan site and we do have plenty of time on our hands. So why not?

Posh has played well against other high D1 commits this year. OSL beat Hassan Diarra and Putnam Science Academy twice. They also beat schools like Westtown (Jalen Warley) and Hunting Prep (Jaemyn Brakefield), who have produced multiple 5 and 4 star recruits. What's so ridiculous about that statement?
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld, Andrew, SigEpSJU09

Last edit: by AlexSTJ.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382774

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1132

Enright wrote: Beast of the East is correct that the longer you stay in school the more a failure you are looked as, but with the virus all over this year should be different.
LJ has such a good all around game that with less pressure on him to score , assuming SJU brings in some shooters his over all production could improve considerly next season and both he and SJU could benefit.

We all love and support you L J and will go with whatever you, your family and coaches decide makes the most amount of sense - sense for you as a young man and as a very talented athlete!
All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, fuchsia, Frank61

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382778

• austour
  • Thank you received: 1007

bamafan wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Duke of Earlington wrote: He's the cornerstone of this team. Coach Mike would never let him leave nor would earlington want to leave.

The duke will be our top player the next 2 years. His domination of the big east tourney was only the beginning.

I really can't tell if this is a troll job. I like Earlington a lot, but this is laying it on pretty thick.

He is like the 1979 movie Being There where Peter Sellers plays an idiot gardener who becomes a savant to all that behold him. I lean to him being the idiot gardener. :lol: ;) :)

I like to watch.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382783

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 896

Boo Harvey wrote:

This is a fan board, so unless a poster is clairvoyant, it’s all speculation.Thats all we are doing is giving our opinions. But my opinion is based on reading about him . It’s certainly not speculation to say Williams and Dunn aren’t point guards even though they were forced to play the position.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382787

• redken
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1115

Enright wrote: Beast of the East is correct that the longer you stay in school the more a failure you are looked as, but with the virus all over this year should be different.

Actually, Beast wrote that "kids who stay four years sometimes feel like failures," and not that scouts see them as failures. Big difference, yes?

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382788

• redken
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1115

Knight wrote:

Duke of Earlington wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

Rob wrote: LJ leaving, in my view, only impacts whether we bring in an additional player. Has no impact on Williams or others who are now established starters or rotation guys. With a coach who will routinely play 9/10 guys decent minutes, for a team in which guys will have some foul trouble many games because of the aggressive defense, and with the pace Anderson's teams plays at, I wouldn't be concerned that LJ returning means a Williams leaves. He has developed nicely under Anderson's tutelage and will continue to flourish in what is a perfect system for him. Also appears to have a very grounded intelligent father who routinely praises CMA and staff on twitter.

Williams and LJ play two totally different positions. If LJ comes back I’d be more worried about Earlington transferring.

Earlington transferring???? Hes the cornerstone of this team. Coach Mike would never let him leave nor would earlington want to leave.

The duke will be our top player the next 2 years. His domination of the big east tourney was only the beginning.

Transferring???????

Still smoking the Duke weed?

How else does he equate having one very good game with tournament domination (a la Kemba Walker, for example)? Hey, Duke, don't Bogart that joint.

Last edit: by redken.

LJ Status 2 months 2 weeks ago #382789

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 350

richard A Steinfeld wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

This is a fan board, so unless a poster is clairvoyant, it’s all speculation.Thats all we are doing is giving our opinions. But my opinion is based on reading about him . It’s certainly not speculation to say Williams and Dunn aren’t point guards even though they were forced to play the position.

Certainly everybody is welcome to an opinion. Mine is that with few exceptions, it is nearly impossible to make a reasonable prediction about how a kid will do and/or where he will stack up when: (i) one has never seen him play; and (ii) he has never played a D-1 college game in his life.

My reaction to posts like Steinfeld's is particularly visceral bc it reminds me of the countless posts I've read on this site touting an incoming player as a savior who turned out to be a total bust.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moon Mullen

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight