Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 1 week 1 day ago #391399

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • jerseyshorejohnny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1826
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe, Frank61, panther2, L J S A, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed, ShrekII

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 1 week 1 day ago #391413

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1284
Glad to read about his program building reputation but the lack of recruiting ability continues to make me nervous. We don't need 5 stars but we will need regular 4 stars mixed in. Hope we can get Cuffe Jr. who is a borderline top 50 4 star kid and get Davis who appears underrated. I'd be quite happy with that. Cuffe Jr. is the key though...if we don't get him I just don't see where all our star power is coming from.

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 1 week 1 day ago #391415

• Eric
  • Thank you received: 302

Mike Zaun wrote: Glad to read about his program building reputation but the lack of recruiting ability continues to make me nervous. We don't need 5 stars but we will need regular 4 stars mixed in. Hope we can get Cuffe Jr. who is a borderline top 50 4 star kid and get Davis who appears underrated. I'd be quite happy with that. Cuffe Jr. is the key though...if we don't get him I just don't see where all our star power is coming from.

Why do you insist on bringing up false information on lack of recruiting?? He did a good job in short time last year. I for one am very happy with what he is bringing in this year as are others on the site. It’s a good mix and it’s guys he envisions fitting into his system. And let’s see what he’s got for 2021. Let it happen before you bash it. Come on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lawmanfan, Tonyinfairfield , RedStormRising, Jnaw17

Last edit: by Eric.

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 22 hours ago #391601

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1284
Spent a long time perusing the Hogville board looking for more insight on CMA. What I gathered from a bunch of posters:

-CMA is a decent coach but could not get them to the next level (almost seems like our Lavin perspective)
-CMA seemed to get very comfortable at Arkansas due to his connection with Nolan and perhaps felt he was untouchable
-Lots of accusations that his assistants at Arkansas never recruited much
-Ark fans think CMA surrounded himself with very good assistants here at SJ and they notice the big effort recruiting
-They say that he seems to do better with lower ranked players who know their role and don't try to go outside of it
-By in large their fans wanted him to change assistants (kind of like us with Mullin) because things were too stale
-They feel CMA may have a chip on his shoulder attitude now after being fired and wanting to prove Arkansas wrong by succeeding here
-They predicted we would go from bottom of Big East in academics to the top because character is very important to him when recruiting kids...nice to hear and we've seen evidence already IMO
-Some Ark fans think 40 min of hell is too gimicky to go far in NCAA's and may not do well these days with all the tic tac fouls
-They seem to be rooting for him to do well here
-I laughed when they would complain he can't get big men and their posters were laughing at us when we complained about it since they experienced the same apparently

All in all I do think he was as good a hire as we could've gotten realistically and you all know my 1 big concern with him, however he seems to be a great fit for our university and I hope we overachieve again next season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, NCJohnnie

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 22 hours ago #391606

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1675
I look forward to seeing CMA at SJU for years to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, Frank61, Mike Zaun, Truck

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 21 hours ago #391610

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 907

Mike Zaun wrote: Spent a long time perusing the Hogville board looking for more insight on CMA. What I gathered from a bunch of posters:

-CMA is a decent coach but could not get them to the next level (almost seems like our Lavin perspective)
-CMA seemed to get very comfortable at Arkansas due to his connection with Nolan and perhaps felt he was untouchable
-Lots of accusations that his assistants at Arkansas never recruited much
-Ark fans think CMA surrounded himself with very good assistants here at SJ and they notice the big effort recruiting
-They say that he seems to do better with lower ranked players who know their role and don't try to go outside of it
-By in large their fans wanted him to change assistants (kind of like us with Mullin) because things were too stale
-They feel CMA may have a chip on his shoulder attitude now after being fired and wanting to prove Arkansas wrong by succeeding here
-They predicted we would go from bottom of Big East in academics to the top because character is very important to him when recruiting kids...nice to hear and we've seen evidence already IMO
-Some Ark fans think 40 min of hell is too gimicky to go far in NCAA's and may not do well these days with all the tic tac fouls
-They seem to be rooting for him to do well here
-I laughed when they would complain he can't get big men and their posters were laughing at us when we complained about it since they experienced the same apparently

All in all I do think he was as good a hire as we could've gotten realistically and you all know my 1 big concern with him, however he seems to be a great fit for our university and I hope we overachieve again next season.

One thing for sure is CMA has a fire in his belly to prove his firing was a mistake. Furthermore if he succeeds in elevating our program he won’t leave for greener pastures,IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, Phil G, Frank61, Mike Zaun

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 8 hours ago #391645

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 250
I dont know much about recruiting but having 0 commits for 2021.... is that ok cause its still early? Is it concerning that at this point we have no commits? If someone could answer that i would appreciate it.

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 7 hours ago #391650

• ghostzapper
  • Thank you received: 396
Duke of Earlington Wrote: I dont know much about recruiting but having 0 commits for 2021.... is that ok cause its still early? Is it concerning that at this point we have no commits? If someone could answer that i would appreciate it.

Duke I am no recruiting expert either but I do not see any cause for concern here. It is July 1, 2020. Hardly anyone commits to a college before there Senior year starts. Last year at this time we did not have any of our 2020 commits in place. FYI Alexander committed in late August, Wusu at the end of September and Moore and Cole around then too. None of them actually signed with SJU until November. Our 2021 signings will most likely happen sometime between September and March. Additionally with the Pandemic changing what is normal it likely will delay these decisions even more than usual.

The most important thing from my perspective is that Mike Anderson and Staff seem to be working very hard to develop relationships with recruits and players who can impact the future success of the program. I am confident that they will not strike out on all their efforts and will be able to build something worthwhile here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, RedStormNC

Last edit: by ghostzapper.

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 7 hours ago #391651

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2754

ghostzapper wrote: Duke of Earlington Wrote: I dont know much about recruiting but having 0 commits for 2021.... is that ok cause its still early? Is it concerning that at this point we have no commits? If someone could answer that i would appreciate it.

Duke I am no recruiting expert either but I do not see any cause for concern here. It is July 1, 2020. Hardly anyone commits to a college before there Senior year starts. Last year at this time we did not have any of our 2020 commits in place. FYI Alexander signed in late August and the other three happened in November. Our 2021 signings will most likely happen sometime between September and March. Additionally with the Pandemic changing what is normal it likely will delay these decisions even more than usual.

The most important thing from my perspective is that Mike Anderson and Staff seem to be working very hard to develop relationships with recruits and players who can impact the future success of the program. I am confident that they will not strike out on all their efforts and will be able to build something worthwhile here.

I believe only 3 teams in the conference has commitments from the '21 class.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, RedStormRising

Mike Anderson Is A Program Builder 6 days 7 hours ago #391652

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 523
Mike Anderson recruited 2 of the best NYC players and 2 of the best JUCOs last year.

You know what that sounds like?

A typical Louie Carnesecca class.

So I'm good bro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , Phil G, jackfro, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface, SigEpSJU09, Truck

Last edit: by MainMan.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight